International Wilderness Meeting
13-3-2020 UPDATE: WILDERNESS MEETING CANCELLED FOR APRIL
New dates as soon as possible on this website.
The Canadian government recommends that Canadians should not travel internationally and if they do they should self isolate for at least 14 days upon return.
The restrictions in the USA go even further and Europe is getting lots of restrictions as well. Beyond these recommendations and closures, we believe it would be irresponsible for the guides and (international) guests to travel at this time.
We think we all have a role to play right now to help contain this quickly spreading virus and we can easily do this by limiting our travel and keeping away from crowds of people (especially international groups).
People that have registered will get an e-mail soon.
(3) 4-5 April 2020 we will organize an international meeting at Voshaar Outdoor & Education with International Wildernessguides, Specialists and Instructors. Two days of introduction with ‘Wilderness related’ workshops, speakers, presenters and getting to know people.
This meeting is focussed on Boreal, Arctic and Nemoral Ecozones and the Montane, Subalpine and Alpine Ecoregions.
Arrival 18.00- 21.00. Set up camp
21.00 Welcome, first presentation and campfire talks
09.00-18.00 Workshops and Presentations
09.00-16.00 Workshops and Presentations
17.00 End of the meeting.
Costs: € 90,-
Members Voshaar Outdoor & Education, IGA Members and WGA Members : € 60,-Payment within 7 days after registration: Voshaar Outdoor IBAN: NL88Rabo0316443123 BIC: RaboNL2U
Maximum number of participants: 100
> Presenters, Speakers, Guides and Instructors
(exact subjects and planning TBA)
– Plant Medicine (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Edible Plants (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Wilderness living Skills / Bushcraft (David Holder, Raoul Kluivers, Geert Noordeloos)
– Rope Technique and Rescue (Richard Coulson Day)
– The Primal forest of Bialowieza (Lucasz Mazurek)
– Wildlife Guiding (Lucasz Mazurek)
– First Nation Skills and Culture (Brenda Holder)
– Canoe Technique and Rescue (Yannick Vericel)
– Wilderness First Aid (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Search & Rescue (Dave Macdonald)
– Tracking and Cameratrapping (Martyn LeNoble)
– Birds and Birdsounds
– Kayaking Technique and Rescue (Richard Coulson-Day, Raoul Kluivers)
– Interpretive Guiding (Tracey Gage)
– The realities of living off the land, Thriving, Surviving, Fasting and Lasting. (David Holder)
– Group Management ( Margot Visser, Tracey Gage, David Holder)
– Legal Responsibilities and Insurance for a Guide
– The Rocky Mountain National Parks and the Interpretive Guides Association (Tracey Gage)
– The Wilderness Guides Association
– Outdoor Cooking (Jeroen Peters)
– Voshaar Outdoor & Education, Courses and Training concerning Wilderness, Hike -Survival, Nature & Wildlife
Download > Wilderness meeting Draft Schedule 2020
In the week before and/or after this meeting there will be multiple courses you can register for.
– Wilderness Leader
– Wilderness Guide
– Wilderness Living Skills April 8-9 David Holder
– Wilderness and Remote First Aid April 6-7 Brenda Holder and Margot Visser
– Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid April 6-11 Brenda Holder and Margot Visser
– IGA Interpretive Guide April 16-17 Raoul Kluivers, Tracey Gage
– IGA Group Management April 18-19 Raoul Kluivers and David Holder
– IGA Interpretive Hiking Guide April 16-19 Raoul Kluivers, Tracey Gage
– Plant Medicine April 10-11 Brenda Holder and Margot Visser
– Advanced Plant Medicine April 14-15 Brenda Holder
– Tracking April 3 Martyn LeNoble
– Man Tracking – Search & Rescue March 30- April 2 Dave Macdonald
– Mantracking March 30-31 Dave MacDonald
In Cooperation with:
International Canadian School of Survival http://survivalbytraining.com/
Wild Poland https://wildpoland.com/
De Buitenkok https://buitenkok.com/
Canadian Red Cross https://www.redcross.ca/
MFA Europe https://www.mfaeurope.nl/