International Wilderness Meeting
UPDATE: New Dates for the Wilderness Meeting
April 9-12 2021!
Arrival 18.00- 21.00. Set up camp
21.00 Welcome, first presentation and campfire talks
09.00-18.00 Workshops and Presentations
09.00-20.00 Workshops and Presentations
21.00 Campfire(s) and socialising
April 12: 09.00 Break up camp, 11.00 End of the meeting.
Costs: € 120,-
Members Voshaar Outdoor & Education, IGA Members and WGA Members : € 80,-Payment within 7 days after registration: Voshaar Outdoor IBAN: NL88Rabo0316443123 BIC: RaboNL2U
Registrations for 2020 will be valid for the 2021 meeting without extra costs (off course)
More information and registration soon on this website.
Wilderness meeting 2021 -1-
Wilderness meeting 2021-2-
People that have registered for 2020 will get an e-mail soon.
April 9-12 2021 we will organize an international meeting at Voshaar Outdoor & Education with International Wildernessguides, Specialists and Instructors. Two full days of introduction with ‘Wilderness related’ workshops, speakers, presenters and getting to know people.
This meeting is focussed on Boreal, Arctic and Nemoral Ecozones and the Montane, Subalpine and Alpine Ecoregions.
Maximum number of participants: 100
Camping at our location is included.
You will have to take care of your own food and drinks (although there is a bar, drinks only, at our location).
> Presenters, Speakers, Guides and Instructors
(exact subjects and planning TBA)
– Plant Medicine (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Edible Plants (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Wilderness living Skills / Bushcraft (David Holder, Raoul Kluivers, Geert Noordeloos)
– Rope Technique and Rescue (Richard Coulson Day)
– The Primal forest of Bialowieza (Lucasz Mazurek)
– Wildlife Guiding (Lucasz Mazurek)
– First Nation Skills and Culture (Brenda Holder)
– Canoe Technique and Rescue (Yannick Vericel)
– Wilderness First Aid (Brenda Holder, Margot Visser)
– Search & Rescue (Dave Macdonald)
– Tracking and Cameratrapping (Martyn LeNoble)
– Birds and Birdsounds
– Kayaking Technique and Rescue (Richard Coulson-Day, Raoul Kluivers)
– Interpretive Guiding (Tracey Gage)
– The realities of living off the land, Thriving, Surviving, Fasting and Lasting. (David Holder)
– Group Management ( Margot Visser, Tracey Gage, David Holder)
– Legal Responsibilities and Insurance for a Guide
– The Rocky Mountain National Parks and the Interpretive Guides Association (Tracey Gage)
– The Wilderness Guides Association
– Outdoor Cooking (Jeroen Peters)
– Voshaar Outdoor & Education, Courses and Training concerning Wilderness, Hike -Survival, Nature & Wildlife
Download > Wilderness meeting Draft Schedule 2020
Soon the 2021 schedule on this page
In the week before and/or after this meeting there will be multiple courses you can register for.
– Wilderness Leader
– Wilderness Guide
– Wilderness Living Skills
– Wilderness and Remote First Aid
– Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid
– IGA Interpretive Guide
– IGA Group Management
– IGA Interpretive Hiking Guide
– Plant Medicine
– Advanced Plant Medicine
– Man Tracking – Search & Rescue March 30- April 2 Dave Macdonald
– Mantracking Dave MacDonald
> Wilderness Guide Vimeo Channel
> Information Wilderness Guide Courses
> Voshaar Outdoor & Education
> Mahikan Trails
> Painted Warriors
> Interpretive Guides Association
> Wilderness Guides Association
In Cooperation with:
International Canadian School of Survival http://survivalbytraining.com/
Wild Poland https://wildpoland.com/
De Buitenkok https://buitenkok.com/
Canadian Red Cross https://www.redcross.ca/
MFA Europe https://www.mfaeurope.nl/