Wilderness Guide – Level 3-
To become a Professional Wilderness Guide, it is necessary to get more experience in guiding and further develop your knowledge and skills.
To become a CSWI Level 3 Guide you need:
– 28 days of extra training (and/or guiding) in Wilderness areas in Canada under supervision of Voshaar Outdoor, Mahikan Trails and/or Inroads Mounatin sports.
– A solo skill challenge, conducted by Voshaar Outdoor, Mahikan Trails and/or Painted Warriors in Canada.
– A written exam, conducted by Voshaar Outdoor, IGA (The Professional Interpretive Guide exam) and/or Mahikan Trails
– A minimum of 15 days extra training during winter in Canada or an other equivalent country under supervision of Voshaar Outdoor, Mahikan Trails and/or Painted Warriors
To become a WGA Boreal forest Level 3 Guide you also need:
An total of 100 days of guiding a group as a (assistant) Guide in Wilderness areas with an organisation approved by The Wilderness Guides Association.
– A minimum of 21 days non stop Expedition in a Remote area.
CSWI Level 3: WGA Wilderness Guide, Boreal Forest Level 3 and Arctic Level 2*
( *Arctic Level 2, depending on the number of training and guiding during winter)
The logo of the CSWI course is the pawprint of the wolverine, symbol of wilderness, strenght and survival